Specific collections, resources, and services in Henry Madden Library require on-site access as they cannot be used outside the building (please note: if you would like to request print or other physical materials for check out, please see this information on placing and picking up a hold). To facilitate virtual instruction and essential research, the following areas of the library are offering appointments for faculty and staff only.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer appointments for students due to safety and building capacity limitations. Because these areas of the Library are closed to the public, we can accommodate only Fresno State faculty and staff at this time. As the public health situation improves, however, we anticipate being able to offer student appointments in the future.
- Arne Nixon Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maps and Aerial Photography (email@example.com)
- Music and Media, including video and recording studios (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University Archives and Special Collections (email@example.com)
These guidelines will begin immediately and continue so long as there are restrictions on usage of the building in place:
- To initiate an appointment for one of the areas above, please contact the library unit directly. If you’re unsure of whom to contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll connect you to the appropriate person. Include in the email your need, your purpose/justification for access, and times that will work for your appointment (including an estimate of the length of your appointment).
- The personnel in that unit will work with you to confirm your appointment time, and will then submit the appointment request to the Director of Learning and User Services, to ensure that building capacity and other safety considerations are met.
- Appointments are limited to one patron at a time. At the time of your appointment, please meet the library employee at the location outside the library determined at the time of your appointment request).
- Masks must be worn by the patron and Library staff member at all times during the appointment - no exceptions. Gloves are optional, but patrons are encouraged to protect themselves in any appropriate way.
- Library personnel will escort you to the appropriate area of the library, and will remain with you (at an appropriate distance and not in any small, enclosed space) for the duration of your appointment. They will escort you to the library exit at the conclusion of your appointment.
- At the conclusion of all appointments, each department will follow a detailed procedure for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and/or materials used.
There will necessarily be a limit to the number and type of these appointments allowed per week, based on safety guidelines and best practice procedures. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we strive to maintain access to library facilities and resources while maintaining safe conditions for all patrons and employees.