Important Update: As of August 9, 2021 the library is no longer in a limited services mode and all appointments should be made as normal.
Specific collections, resources, and services in Henry Madden Library require on-site access as they cannot be used outside the building. (Please note: if you would like to request print or other physical materials for check out, please see this information on placing and picking up a hold. The library stacks are currently not available to browse.) To facilitate virtual instruction and essential research, the following areas of the library are offering appointments for Fresno State students, faculty, and staff, as well as community researchers:
- Arne Nixon Center (email@example.com)
- Maps and Aerial Photography (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Microfilm readers (email@example.com)
- Music and Media, including video and recording studios (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teacher Resource Center (email@example.com)
- University Archives and Special Collections Research Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)
These guidelines are in effect currently, and will remain in effect until further notice:
- To initiate an appointment for one of the areas above, please contact the library unit directly. If you’re unsure of whom to contact, please email email@example.com and we’ll connect you to the appropriate person. Include in the email your need, your purpose/justification for access, and times that will work for your appointment (including an estimate of the length of your appointment).
- The personnel in that unit will work with you to confirm your appointment time, ensuring that building capacity and other safety considerations are met; appointments are limited, and we appreciate your flexibility if your first choice for an appointment time is unavailable.
- At the time of your appointment, please meet the library employee at the location determined at the time of your appointment request. Some areas of the library continue to have limited access, and require a library staff member to escort you to that area.
- Community researchers will need to complete the Fresno State COVID-19 Health Screening app before visiting the library. The green checkmark must be shown to the library employee before entering the building, when met at the entrance to the library.
- Currently, no walk-in appointments are able to be accepted.
- Providing appointments requires library employees to make special arrangements for staffing, safety, and cleaning procedures. We are happy to provide access through these appointments, but ask that patrons be considerate of the special arrangements these appointments require. If an appointment needs to be cancelled or rescheduled, please contact the unit as soon as possible. If too many appointments are “no-shows,” the library may have to suspend appointment availability.
- Masks must be worn by the patron and Library staff member at all times during the appointment - no exceptions.
- Library personnel will escort you to the appropriate area of the library, and will remain with you (at an appropriate distance and not in any small, enclosed space) for the duration of your appointment. They will escort you to the library exit at the conclusion of your appointment.
- At the conclusion of all appointments, each department will follow a detailed procedure for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and/or materials used.
There will necessarily be a limit to the number and type of these appointments allowed per week, based on safety guidelines and best practice procedures. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we strive to provide access to library facilities and resources while maintaining safe conditions for all patrons and employees.