The Friends of the Madden Library in partnership with the Henry Madden Library at Fresno State present a talk by Karen Korematsu.
Karen is the daughter of Fred Korematsu, who was a key figure in a landmark U. S. Supreme Court case that challenged the constitutionality of Executive Order 9066.
Congressman Jim Costa or his representative will be presenting a Congressional Resolution to the Japanese American Citizens League in recognition of the 75th anniversary of the passage of Executive Order 9066.
75 Years Later: Executive Order 9066, World War II Japanese American Incarceration
- 6:00 p.m. on April 7, 2017
- 6:00 p.m. Reception with hors d'oeuvres and no-host beer and wine bar
- 6:45 p.m. Program
- Room 2206 in the Henry Madden Library (2nd floor, South Wing)
- This is a free public event. Parking is free.
- RSVP on our eRsvp form using "LIBKORE"
This event is part of 9066: Japanese American Voices from the Inside, a series of exhibitions and events commemorating the 75th anniversary of the World War II incarceration of Japanese Americans with a focus on those from the San Joaquin Valley.
For more information or assistance with physical accommodations, contact Sharon Ramirez at 559.278.5790 or email@example.com.