The purpose of these workshop offerings is to meet Fresno State students' immediate needs, regarding their research assignments, and provide synchronized engagement with them. Workshops are on a "first come, first served" basis. Therefore, registration is recommended to ensure accommodations.
- 09 @ 12:00 - Investment Research Workshop: StockTrak Challenge
- 14 & 15 @ 12:30 p.m. - Topic Exploration
- 16 @ 12:00 - Investment Research Workshop: Technical Analysis
- 16 @ 5:00 p.m. - Effective Literature Searches
- 23 @ 12:00 p.m. - Company and Industry Research
- 23 @ 5:00 p.m. - Getting Started with Zotero
- 23 & 24 @ 5:30 p.m. - Topic Exploration
- 30 @ 12:00 - Consumer Research Workshop
- 07 @ 12:00 - International Business Research
- 13 & 14 @ 12:30 p.m. - Scholarly Articles
- 14 @ 12:00 - Economic Data Research
- 14 @ 6:00 p.m. - Effective Literature Searches
- 21 & 22 @ 5:30 p.m. - Scholarly Articles
- 21 @ 6:00 p.m. - Getting Started with Zotero
- 28 @ 7:00 p.m. - Literature Reviews & Google Tools
Not sure how to cite resources for your paper? Bring your questions and papers, and we’ll guide you through the styles for different formats.
- Tickets: NOV 23, 24 @ 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tickets: DEC 09, 10 @ 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tickets: DEC 14, 15 @ 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Company and Industry Research
Learn how to take advantage of Library databases to help you find detailed, up-to-date information and statistical data on industries and companies.
- Tickets: SEPT 23 @ 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Consumer Research Workshop
Knowing your market is critical to the success of any business. This workshop will provide you with resources and tips for identifying and analyzing your potential customers.
- Tickets: SEPT 30 @ 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Economic Data Research
Looking for ways to quickly find current and historical economic data, up-to-date information, and essential articles? Join this workshop and learn how to find what you need from various reliable resources.
- Tickets: OCT 14 @ 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Effective Literature Searches
Learn the basics of searching for literature for your literature reviews. At the completion of this workshop you will understand how to select keywords, what resources will be best for your topic, and how to select articles.
- Tickets: SEPT 16 @ 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: OCT 14 @ 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Note: Come equipped with a research topic in mind, course assignment requirements are helpful as well.
Getting Started with Zotero
A hands-on workshop covering the ins and outs of getting started in citation management with Zotero. Key functions such as: installing Zotero, adding citations to your Zotero library, organizing and managing your citations, creating a bibliography and insert citations from Zotero into your documents will be covered.
- Tickets: SEPT 23 @ 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: OCT 21 @ 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Note: Create a Zotero account and download the installation package ahead of the workshop. Make sure you have permission to make software installations on your computer.
International Business Research
Not sure where to look for information about companies abroad, industry trends, or country profiles? This workshop will introduce you to the essential tools for successful research in international business.
- Tickets: OCT 07 @ 12:00 - 1:00 p.m
Investment Research Workshop: StockTrak Challenge
Learn how to find financial data on companies and make the right decision on what to buy, when to buy, and when to sell! Professor Chen (Chair of Finance Department) will show you how to search for investing ideas with a focus on the StockTrak Challenge.
Investment Research Workshop: Technical Analysis
Professor Chen (Chair of Finance Department) will demonstrate how to perform technical analysis of price and volume data for investment. Q&A session after the presentation.
- Tickets: SEPT 16 @ 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Literature Reviews & Google Tools
You found some great research on your topic but what do you do with it now? Join us to explore some solutions to organizing information for your literature review that utilize Google tools. You will leave this workshop with a better understanding of how to organize your literature review.
- Tickets: OCT 28 @ 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tickets: NOV 04 @ 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Note: Come with at least one research paper you would like to use in your literature review. This is an interactive workshop that requires participation.
Need to find scholarly or academic articles for your paper? Bring your questions and topics, and we'll help you to search the databases for journal articles.
- Tickets: OCT 13 & 14 @ 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tickets: OCT 21 & 22 @ 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: NOV 03 & 04 @ 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tickets: NOV 09 & 10 @ 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Don't know what to write your paper on? Bring your questions and ideas, and we'll help you to narrow or broaden them.
- Tickets: SEPT 14 & 15 @ 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tickets: SEPT 23 & 24 @ 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.