The purpose of these workshop offerings is to meet Fresno State students' immediate needs, regarding their research assignments, and provide synchronized engagement with them. Workshops are on a "first come, first served" basis. Therefore, registration is recommended to ensure accommodations.
- 07 @ 12:00 p.m. - Investment Research Workshop 1: Fundamental Analysis to Find Stock Winners
- 14 @ 12:00 p.m. - Investment Research Workshop 2: How to Use Stock Charts in Investing
- 21 @ 12:00 p.m. - Company and Industry Research Workshop
- 21 @ 5:00 p.m. - Getting Started with Zotero
- 28 @ 12:00 p.m. - Consumer Research Workshop
Company and Industry Research Workshop
Fresno State Library has some excellent databases to help you find detailed, up-to-date information and statistical data on industries and companies. Learn how to take advantage of these valuable tools.
- Zoom: SEP 21 @ 12:00 p.m. -1:00 p.m.
Consumer Research Workshop
Knowing your market is critical to the success of any business. The business librarian will show you how to identify your customers using library resources.
- Zoom: SEP 28 @ 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Economic Data Research Workshop
Looking for ways to quickly find current and historical economic data, up-to-date information, and essential articles? Join this workshop and learn how to find what you need from various reliable resources.
- Zoom: OCT 12 @ 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Getting Started with Zotero
A hands-on workshop on Zotero: free, open-source software for managing citations. Topics will include installing Zotero, adding citations to your Zotero library, organizing and managing your citations, inserting citations from Zotero into your papers, and creating a bibliography.
- Zoom: SEP 21 @ 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
International Business Research Workshop
Not sure where to look up information about companies abroad, industry trends, or country profiles? Join this workshop to find out essential resources and tips for successful research in international business.
- Zoom: OCT 05 @ 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Investment Research Workshop 1: Fundamental Analysis to Find Stock Winners
Learn how to find financial data on companies and make the right decisions on what to buy, when to buy, and when to sell! Professor Tanya Stratton (Finance and Business Law Department) will show you how to search for investing ideas. A Q&A session to follow the presentation.
- Zoom: SEP 07 @ 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Investment Research Workshop 2: How to Use Stock Charts in Investing
Professor Tanya Stratton (Finance and Business Law Department) will demonstrate how to perform technical analysis when using stock charts for investment. A Q&A session to follow the presentation.
- Zoom: SEP 14 @ 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.