Henry Madden Library is currently running the following services:
- Beginning August 12, the Henry Madden Library will be open with limited in-person services for current Fresno State students and faculty; with hours being 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Face masks are required on all visitors.
- The number of people in the building will be limited to a safe capacity to ensure proper social distancing measures.
- A reduced area of the first floor of the library will be accessible to students and faculty picking up books and devices from the Library, and for those with appointments at DISCOVERe or Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Bulldog Cards will also be required for entrance into the building using a card swipe at the main entrance.
The library’s virtual services will also be in full effect beginning August 12 with librarians at the Virtual Desk 9 a.m - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for phone and email consultations. The popular 24/7 librarian chat feature is also available for students and faculty with questions about research. Textbook reserves are limited, so subject librarians are available to help students and faculty find e-resources to meet their needs. The OneSearch feature at the library website is the first stop for searching all of the library’s resources, online or in-building.
Madden Library’s Access Services (Circulation) also launched a paging service to request materials and resources that are only available in our building:
- Students and faculty can request materials from our collections through the OneSearch feature, and will be notified by email when items are ready to pick up using a contact-free, self-service check-out system. Learn how to request books and media.
- Tech Lending items can be requested through our website and be picked up by appointment at the desk.
- CSU+ and Interlibrary Loan Services have also restarted, and items can be picked up at the library.
Faculty and staff can make appointments to access services throughout the library. See our Spring 2021 Library Services at a Glance page for information about specific service points in the Henry Madden Library.
Community patrons are not able to visit the library at this time, and study spaces are not currently available.