Your subject librarian can help you find sources for your research, navigate library services, find publishing opportunities, and much more. Contact your librarian for more information or to schedule an appointment. The sections on this page, are:
What can a Subject Librarian do for you?
Your subject librarian:
- Provides in-person and online assistance with using library resources and services.
- Works with you to develop your research strategy, focus your topic, find information sources, and evaluate information from a variety of perspectives.
- Provides guidance on ethically using sources, avoiding plagiarism, citing sources in the appropriate style (e.g. APA, MLA), and citation management tools and strategies.
- Creates online tutorials and research guides that can help you become a more successful researcher.
Faculty and Instructors
Your subject librarian:
- Teaches customized workshops to improve students’ critical thinking and research skills, and works with you to integrate information literacy into your curriculum.
- Suggests relevant materials that support course assignments including research databases, ebooks, open educational resources, primary sources, and unique materials from our special collections.
- Works with you to create tutorials and customized online research guides for your courses.
- Provides support with managing and organizing sources using citation managers like Zotero.
- Assists you in making purchase requests for library resources.
Subject Librarians by College
College of Arts & Humanities
College of Health & Human Services
College of Science & Mathematics
College of Social Sciences
Craig School of Business
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology
Kremen School of Education & Human Development
Lyles College of Engineering
Library faculty and staff are available to consult on topics that cross subject areas.
Due to position vacancies in our library, we do not currently have a librarian assigned to several campus departments. However, you can still get in touch with any Fresno State librarian for assistance using the options mentioned below. We are here to help!
24/7 Chat Service
Use our 24/7 Chat Service to immediately ask your question and get assistance.
Email A Librarian
If your question is not time-sensitive, or too complex to chat about, you could choose to email us and an a librarian will respond later.