Your subject librarian can help you find sources for your research, navigate library services, find publishing opportunities, and much more. Contact your librarian for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Your subject librarian:
- Provides in-person and online assistance with using library resources and services.
- Works with you to develop your research strategy, focus your topic, find information sources, and evaluate information from a variety of perspectives.
- Provides guidance on ethically using sources, avoiding plagiarism, citing sources in the appropriate style (e.g. APA, MLA), and citation management tools and strategies.
- Creates online tutorials and research guides that can help you become a more successful researcher.
Faculty and Instructors
Your subject librarian:
- Teaches customized workshops to improve students’ critical thinking and research skills, and works with you to integrate information literacy into your curriculum.
- Suggests relevant materials that support course assignments including research databases, ebooks, open educational resources, primary sources, and unique materials from our special collections.
- Works with you to create tutorials and customized online research guides for your courses.
- Provides support with managing and organizing sources using citation managers like Zotero.
- Assists you in making purchase requests for library resources.
Subject Librarians by College
College of Arts & Humanities
- Armenian Studies Program Chris Langer
- Art, Design, and Art History Ginny Barnes
- Communication Sarah McDaniel
- English Sarah McDaniel
- Linguistics Vang Vang
- Media, Communications and Journalism Chris Langer
- Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures Sarah McDaniel
- Music David Drexler
- Philosophy Sarah McDaniel
- Theatre and Dance David Drexler
College of Health & Human Services
- Communicative Sciences and Deaf Studies Jane Magee
- Kinesiology Jane Magee
- Nursing Jane Magee
- Physical Therapy Jane Magee
- Public Health Jane Magee
- Recreation Administration Jane Magee
- Social Work Education/Gerontology Jane Magee
College of Science & Mathematics
- Biology Carol Doyle
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Carol Doyle
- Computer Science Contact a Librarian
- Earth and Environmental Sciences Carol Doyle
- Mathematics Contact a Librarian
- Physics Contact a Librarian
- Psychology Contact a Librarian
College of Social Sciences
- Africana Studies Program Vang Vang
- Anthropology Vang Vang
- Chicano and Latin American Studies Vang Vang
- Child and Family Science Contact a Librarian
- Criminology Contact a Librarian
- Geography and City and Regional Planning Contact a Librarian
- History Chris Langer
- Political Science Chris Langer
- Sociology Vang Vang
- Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies Vang Vang
Craig School of Business
- Accountancy Hiromi Kubo
- Aerospace Studies (Air Force ROTC) Hiromi Kubo
- Economics Hiromi Kubo
- Finance and Business Law Hiromi Kubo
- Information Systems and Decision Sciences Hiromi Kubo
- Management Hiromi Kubo
- Marketing and Logistics Hiromi Kubo
- Military Science (Army ROTC) Hiromi Kubo
Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology
- Agricultural Business Contact a Librarian
- Animal Sciences and Agricultural Education Carol Doyle
- Food Science and Nutrition Contact a Librarian
- Industrial Technology Carol Doyle
- Plant Science Contact a Librarian
- Viticulture and Enology Contact a Librarian
Kremen School of Education & Human Development
- Counselor Education and Rehabilitation Matthew Doyle
- Curriculum and Instruction Matthew Doyle
- Educational Leadership Matthew Doyle
- Liberal Studies Matthew Doyle
- Literacy, Early, Bilingual, and Special Education Matthew Doyle
Lyles College of Engineering
- Civil and Geomatics Engineering Chris Langer
- Construction Management Chris Langer
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Chris Langer
- Mechanical Engineering Chris Langer
Library faculty and staff are available to consult on topics that cross subject areas.
|Children’s Literature (Arne Nixon Center)||Suzan Alteri|
|Copyright||David Drexler, Matthew Doyle, Gretchen Higginbottom|
|Digital Scholarship, Digital Humanities, Extended Reality (AR/VR/XR)||Keaton Johanson|
|First-year Experience||Ginny Barnes|
|Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)||Xiaoming Yang|
|Maps and Government Information||Carol Doyle|
|Music and Media Support||Terry Lewis|
|Scholarly Communication (Publishing/Open Access)||David Drexler|
|Special Collections Research Center||Tammy Lau|
|Teacher Resource Center||Matthew Doyle|
|Viticulture and Enology Library||Tricia Totherow|
Contact A Librarian
Due to position vacancies in our library, we do not currently have a librarian assigned to several campus departments. However, you can still get in touch with any Fresno State librarian for assistance using the options mentioned below. We are here to help!
24/7 Chat Service
Use our 24/7 Chat Service to immediately ask your question and get assistance.
Email A Librarian
If your question is not time-sensitive, or too complex to chat about, you could choose to email us and an a librarian will respond later.