Food and drink pose a potential risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. To minimize damage to collections and maintain a clean environment conducive to quiet study, the Library has established the following food policy. We ask that you: act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the Library; be considerate of other students studying near you; and dispose of your trash.
NEITHER Food or Drink in These Areas
- Table Mountain Rancheria Reading Room
- Leon S. Peters Ellipse Gallery
- Pete P. Peters Ellipse Balcony
- Studio 2
- Arne Nixon Center
- Special Collections Research Center
The 2nd floor of the north wing is designated as “Food Friendly.” Patrons may bring their own food and drinks to this area.
Other Public Areas
- Snacks which come in sealed wrappers (e.g., granola bars, dried fruit, chips, cookies, candy), unless posted otherwise.
- Beverages in securely covered containers, unless posted otherwise.
Items NOT Permitted:
- Prepared meals or foods from stores, restaurants (e.g., Panda Express, Taco Bell, Subway, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks)
Occasionally the Library sponsors special events which include food service. The location and food guidelines specific to each sponsored event are carefully selected and approved by library administration.