We strive to provide a clean, healthy, and welcoming library space for the campus community, and we know that studying while snacking or grabbing a coffee to fuel great research is a part of that. We aim to accommodate this while maintaining the building’s cleanliness and comfort throughout the year. As such, the updated food policy is as follows:
- Food and drink are prohibited in group study rooms and individual study rooms
- Food and drink are prohibited on any floor except for the 2nd floor (North and South)
- Food-friendly areas = 2nd floor, both North and South open study areas
- Allowed: personal hydration bottles and light snacks (anything that fits in a sandwich baggie) in all areas of the library
- Allowed: catered food in event and meeting spaces
NOTE: Library partners such as the Learning Center, SSD, and the Graduate Success Center will continue with their own food policy in their spaces.
The new Library food policy will begin on January 18, 2023 and will provide a tidier, healthier, and more comfortable study and research environment for our community while reducing the added wear and tear on our library spaces.
[Last modified: December 20, 2022]