To arrange a library tour affiliated with a Fresno State course or program, please contact the relevant Subject Librarian. In general, the library is unable to offer tours to unaffiliated groups or individuals. Please utilize either the Self-Guided Tour options below, or you can request a campus tour, which includes the library.
The Library has several self-guided tour options available:
- Self-guided Tour: a condensed, double-sided page highlighting the major collections and services.
- QR Code Tour: At the Henry Madden Library, QR codes are scattered throughout the building. These codes provide information on various features and displays in the library.
Orientation to Services and Departments
Information for K-12 Teachers
Prior to your visit:
- Check the Library hours to make sure the building is open on the day you want to visit.
As a courtesy to our students and faculty:
- provide 1 adult per 15 children
- assemble your class outside the doors and enter in small, staggered groups
- remind your students that they are visitors to the Library and are expected to behave accordingly
- begin at the first floor entrance, proceed down to the lower level, up the metal stairs to the second floor, up the metal stairs to the third floor, down the metal stairs to the first floor, and exit
- do NOT take the elevators (unless an accommodation is necessary)
- the Ellipse gallery (2nd floor), Ellipse balcony (3rd floor) and Table Mountain Rancheria Reading Room are QUIET SPACES
The tour will probably take about 30 minutes. Enjoy this beautiful building!