The Madden Library is a proud participant for the first annual Free Museum Day happening October 28th!
This fun-filled day of exploration is presented by the Greater Fresno Alliance of Museums & Educational Sites. Select museums and educational sites in Fresno, Madera and Tulare counties will come together to celebrate. Participating sites will offer free admission to visitors during their regular business hours.
Free Museum Day gives everyone an opportunity to experience the wealth of art, culture, history, science and natural beauty in the greater Fresno region and its surrounding areas. The event encourages visitors of all ages to explore and engage in each site’s educational offerings.
Participating Museums & Educational Sites for the First Annual Free Museum Day:
- African American Historical & Cultural Museum of the San Joaquin Valley (Fresno): 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Central Sierra Historical Society & Museum (Shaver Lake): 11 a.m. — 3 p.m.
- Fossil Discovery Center of Madera County (Chowchilla): 9 a.m. — 4 p.m.
- Fresno Art Museum (Fresno): 11 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Fresno County Historical Museum & Big Fresno Fair Museum (Fresno): 10 a.m. — 4 p.m.
- Henry Madden Library at Fresno State (Fresno): 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust River Center (Fresno): 10 a.m. — 3 p.m.
- Shinzen Japanese Friendship Garden & Clark Bonsai Collection (Fresno): 10 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- The Fresno Discovery Center (Fresno): 9 a.m. — 5 p.m.
- Tulare County Museum at Mooney Grove Park (Visalia): 10 a.m. — 4 p.m.
Free admission does not include special ticketed events or parking fees. Visit fresnomuseums.com for an up-to-date list of participants.
A map of the area’s museums and educational sites is available at fresnomuseums.com. Visitors can also find the map at each participating location.