It's here, the grand hatching and open house for the Laureate Lab Visual Words Studio. Come join us for this wonderful and memorable event which is co-sponsored by the Madden Library, the Office of the Provost, the College of Arts and Humanities and the Division of Research and Graduate Studies.
There will be a special public presentation at 2:15 p.m. featuring: U.S. Poet Laureate Emeritus, Juan Felipe Herrera; Provost Dr. Lynnette Zelezny and Peter McDonald, Dean of Library Services.
Grand Hatching and Open House
- Noon to 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 11, 2017
- Room 1110 in the Henry Madden Library (1st floor, North Wing)
- Please visit a campus parking kiosk and use code 264712 to obtain a day permit.
- Free, public event. Win a free Starbucks Card!
Laureate Lab Stations
- We Only Come To Dream : A collaborative wall where guests can use the Laureate Lab’s dry erase boards to create a visual poem that portrays the community and students at Fresno State.
- A Way Through The Wavy Wall : Visitors will paint, construct, and reshape the perceptions of recycled materials to create a shapeshifting sculpture poem.
- The Zoetrope : A whirling poem of movement, color, and words, an interactive display.
- Handmade – Un Libro Libre : A chance for visitors to create, fold, paint, color, write and experiment with the creation of their own handmade chapbook.
- A Poem of Papel Picado : Using geometry, scissors and a marker, visitors will craft a single visual poem with words, space and color.
- The Analog Jaguar Gallery and Stage : An opportunity for visitors to perform and share their work.
- The Possibilities of Poetry : A crowd sourced wall inviting all visitors to share and understand what the possibilities of poetry means to them.
- The Roots of a Wreathe : An interactive display of the legacy of Mireyda “Mia” Barraza Martinez, visitors can read poems or leave their own offerings and words, along with the creations from her undergraduate students during fall 2016.
- We Exist, A Belmont Walk Video : A video installation that will allow visitors to experience walking down Belmont Avenue in Fresno.
- Books, Strings and “How To Win A Lab Prize In Minutes” : This is an outside lab.
- Wild Lab Media Photo Walk-in Galeria! : This is an outside lab.
For information on physical accommodations, call Barbara Windmiller at 559.278.7630 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.