Hoàng Chi Tru̕̕o̕ng returns to her Fresno home to talk about her newly published memoir, TigerFish: A Memoir of a South Vietnamese Colonel’s Daughter. The book chronicles the author’s childhood in Vietnam and her coming-of-age story as she and her family grapple with the loss of their national identity and the challenges of acculturation as refugees in America. It offers poignant passages through the innocent eyes of a teenager, witnessing the Vietnam War, the Vietnamese diaspora and the jarring acculturation process that ensued—all from her deeply personal and honest perspective.
TigerFish: A Memoir of a South Vietnamese Colonel’s Daughter
- 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017
- 6:00 p.m. Meet-and-Greet reception
- 7:00 p.m. Program
- Room 2206 in the Henry Madden Library (2nd floor, South Wing)
- The event is free and open to the public and parking is unrestricted.
- Please RSVP at www.tigerfish.eventbrite.com
The Arne Nixon Center for the Study of Children’s Literature and Fresno State’s Asian American Studies are co-sponsoring a catered reception to welcome Tru̕̕o̕ng back to her hometown of Fresno. The event will be held on Friday, Oct. 6 in the Henry Madden Library room 2206 (2nd floor, South Wing). The meet and greet reception begins at 6:00 p.m. and Tru̕̕o̕ng’s talk starts at 7:00 p.m. The public is invited and books will be available for sale and signing.
Housed in Fresno State’s Henry Madden Library, the Arne Nixon Center is one of North America’s leading resources for children’s literature with more than 60,000 books, periodicals, manuscripts and works of art.
For event information, including disability accommodations or access, or to sign up to attend these events, contact Jami Sanford in the Arne Nixon Center at 559.278.8116 or email email@example.com.
- Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/257379384782857
- Madden Library Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat pages: @MaddenLibrary
- Arne Nixon Center for the Study of Children’s Literature: arnenixoncenter.org
- Arne Nixon Center Facebook, Instagram and Twitter page: @ArneNixonCenter
- Hoàng Chi Tru̕̕o̕ng: chibeingchi.com