Welcome to the Library Diversity Committee page!
Fresno State is committed to diversity as a core value on campus. The Henry Madden Library’s Diversity Committee (LDC) is dedicated to supporting the University’s mission of promoting and celebrating a culture of diversity, internationalization, and inclusion in Library services, resources, and programs. LDC is also currently an officially recognized committee by the President's Commission on Human Relations and Equity (PCHRE) at Fresno State.
We strive to do the following:
- Provide Library services that support diversity and student success;
- Promote and enhance Library resources and collections relating to diversity;
- Offer and support diverse programs that enrich the academic experience of the University and its surrounding communities;
- Create opportunities and increase diversity awareness among Library staff
We welcome campus and community partners to reach out to us. If you are interested in co-organizing an event, exhibit, or program please contact the co-chairs: Ray Pun (email@example.com), Hiromi Kubo (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Michelle Pratt (email@example.com)
The Library Diversity Committee collaborates with the campus community to create and host displays and exhibits within the Library Diversity Lounge located on the 2nd Floor, North Wing of the Madden Library.
Nowruz - Persian New Year
March through April 2018
The LGBTQ+ Resource Guide provides lists of resources available at Fresno State from Library research databases to campus organizations and departments, along with LGBTQ+ resources outside of Fresno State.
Interested in collaborating with the Library Diversity Committee? We are always looking for new ideas, partners, and volunteers to help make the Library a welcoming space for all.
Please contact the co-chairs:
- Ray Pun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hiromi Kubo (email@example.com)
- Michelle Pratt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you have upcoming events or programs you would like us to promote on Facebook? Please send an email to David Drexler (email@example.com).
- Jennifer Crow
- David Drexler, LDC Communications Coordinator
- Olivia Estrada
- Gretchen Higginbottom
- Del Hornbuckle
- Hiromi Kubo, LDC Co-Chair; LDC ICH Coordinator
- Chris Langer
- Terry Lewis
- Lucy (Tiewei) Liu
- Peter McDonald
- Gregory Megee
- Julie Moore, LDC Displays & Exhibits Coordinator
- Fong Moua
- Sarah Pech
- Maria Peña
- Michelle Pratt, LDC Co-Chair
- Raymond Pun, LDC Co-Chair
- Rebecca Reid-Johansson
- Vang Vang