Study Space Locations
Across our different spaces we have some common practices and policies, which we mention on this page. Please contact a librarian or the front desk if you have any questions about these services.
Use our online booking system to book a study room and other study spaces in the Library:
General Study Space Policies
- In order to best support academic need, reservations are limited to Fresno State students with the exception of the Media Viewing Rooms. Media Viewing Rooms may be reserved by students, staff, and faculty for the purpose of viewing films or webinars.
- Reservations can be made up to 4 weeks in advance.
- Rooms may be reserved for up to 2 hours per day / 4 hours per week.
- Reserve a space using the links above and then bring confirmation, either electronic or paper copy, with you on your visit.
- Arrive within 10 minutes of the start of your reservation or we may open the space for others to use.
- Please no food or drink.
- Students must adhere to the maximum capacity posted for any library space.
Music & Media Lab Workstation Policies
- Workstations in the Music or Media Lab may be booked at the Music & Media Library for up to 4 hours per day / 16 hours per week.
- No more than 2 people may work at each Music & Media workstation due to space limitations.
- Reservations are limited to Fresno State students.
Quiet Study Areas
There are several areas of the library that are designated for quiet study:
- 2nd floor, South Wing. This entire floor of the library is designated quiet study.
- 2nd floor, North Wing, Philip Levine Reading Room. Straight past the main staircase, near the Center for Faculty Excellence.
- 3rd floor, North Wing, Table Mountain Rancheria Reading Room. Straight past the main staircase, near Music and Media.
Additionally, there are several areas that tend to be quieter, but are not officially quiet study areas:
- 1st floor, South Wing. The tables near the elevators and Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Lower Level, North Wing. The area furthest away from the Learning Center.
Video Studio Policies
- Students are allowed to reserve up to a maximum of 2 hours per day, and 8 hours per week (including weekends), up to 4 weeks in advance. Reservations can be made at the Music & Media service desk.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Video Studios. Bottled water is acceptable.
- If student(s) do not show up within 10 minutes of the start of the reservation, the reservation will be forfeited.
- Video Studios are limited to use by Fresno State students for recording or streaming audio/video projects (exceptions for faculty or staff will be made on a case by case basis--please contact Music & Media).