Our center contains the Ronald J. Harlan Music Collection of scores and sound recordings, a media collection of videorecordings, and listening and viewing facilities. Books about music are located in the main bookstacks.
Seven computer workstations with graphic design software, and two workstations with music composition software are available for student use.
The music collection consists of approximately 22,000 compact discs, 40,000 stereo and monaural LPs and 47,000 scores. The collection focuses mainly on Western art music from the Middle Ages to the present, but also contains representative scores and recordings in the areas of jazz, musical comedy, popular music and music from other cultures. There are also spoken recordings containing poetry, plays and speeches.
The media collection consists of more than 7000 videos (Blu-Ray, DVD and VHS) of educational and research value in all subject areas.
Our staff and student assistants are ready to help you get started with your project. Here are some of the ways we can help:
- Project-based tutoring on various software, including Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- 3D modeling
- video editing
- audio recording and editing
- game development
We are located on the Third Floor of the North Wing of the Library at the top of the stairs. Here are some more interesting details:
- Listening and viewing equipment is available for individuals or small groups.
- The two Media Viewing Rooms can accommodate from three to 20 users.
- Scores and videos are on open shelves for users to browse.
- CDs, LPs and reserve materials may be requested at the service desk.
- Eight iMacs are available in the department for general use.
- The Media Lab offers seven iMacs with specialized graphics design software.
- The Music Lab offers two iMacs with audio/music editing software.
- Two Video Studios are available by reservation.
- The large XR (extended reality) Studio offers two head mounted displays for workshops and special projects.
Ask for help
Please come see us,Third Floor in North Wing, if you haven't already or you can phone us for assistance at (559) 278-2158. Consult the main library hours for complete library hours.
We also have some frequently asked questions (FAQ) that may assist you:
- David Drexler, 559.278.3144
- Terry Lewis, 559.278.5804
(Liaison for Theater & Dance)
- Keaton Johanson, 559.278.7618