“We provide services and materials designed to make a major contribution to the teacher education program at California State University, Fresno. ”
— Our Mission
The Teacher Resource Center (TRC) is a collection of teaching materials used in pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 classrooms. It provides assistance with the identification and location of various teaching materials related to specific topics and delivers services associated with these materials. The collections are intended primarily for Fresno State faculty and Fresno State teacher education students who are creating lesson/unit plans for their coursework, practicums, or student teaching. Other interested individuals, including local schoolteachers and residents, may use the collection too.
The Teacher Resource Center is located at the east end of 3rd floor, north wing. Because of the nature of the materials and corresponding assignments, there are numerous group study areas: therefore the TRC is not well-suited for quiet study. There are several designated Quiet Study Areas located throughout the Library for those patrons desiring a quiet study environment.
Materials in the Center
The TRC’s children’s literature, textbooks, and activity books are checked out at the Library’s Circulation Desk on the First Floor, North Wing or via self checkout machines in the library lobby.
If you want to see a list of our various collections, and their descriptions, visit our TRC Collections page.
Searching for TRC Materials
- From the Henry Madden Library Home page, select the OneSearch Advanced Search button.
- At the top of the form, ensure that “Search for:” selection is OneSearch @ FresnoState
- Change the top parameters of the search form to “Location” and “contains” then enter the text: Teacher Resource Center
- Ensure the next search parameter selections read as: “AND”, “Any field”, and “contains”
- On that same search paramter line, type in keyword(s) of your topic(s).
(For example, nutrition, recycling, etc.)
- Click the following Search button and a list of items located in the TRC which contain some information on your topic will be displayed below.
The circulation period is 4 weeks. You will be asked to provide valid faculty/student/staff identification or a Community Borrower’s card. Curriculum guides, periodicals, reference materials, and book length bibliographies may only be used within the Library.
Sure! Read the Free Borrowers Cards for Public School Teachers guidelines and contact the TRC about getting a card.
Contact InformationHenry Madden Library Building
5200 N. Barton Ave., M/S ML34
Fresno, CA 93740-8014
- Matt Doyle
- Librarian & Subject Guide