On this page there are service details, tutorials, and frequently asked questions (FAQ):
Check-Out Library Materials
- Loan Policies: How many, how long, etc.
- Course/Book Reserve Information: Where is material on reserve for my class?
- Renew Books: Most items do not have renewals. Renewals on select material can be done online or in person at the Circulation Desk. Check your library account.
- Faculty Reserve Services: How to put material on reserve for your class.
Library Fines and Fees
There are several different groups involved with our circulation offerings:
- Circulation Services: 559.278.2551
- Tech Lending: 559.278.2551
- Music & Media reserve materials: 559.278.2158
- Faculty Reserve Services: Course / Book reserve information for faculty.
Course / Book Reserve Information FAQs for Students
- Where is the Reserve Desk?
- Ask for books on reserve at the Circulation Desk on the First-Floor, North Wing of the library.
- Where are audio / visual materials on reserve?
- Music or media reserve materials are in Music & Media on the Third-Floor, North Wing at the top of the grand staircase.
- Will the library provide equipment to playback the media reserve materials?
- Listening and viewing equipment are available in Music & Media for media items placed on reserve. To check-out any media materials the student must have a current Fresno State identification card.
- May reserve materials be taken out of the library?
- Most reserve material may leave the library. If there is an exception to this the item will be labeled.
- How long can reserved materials be checked out?
- Depending on the item it can be: 2 hours, 4 hours, 1 day or 3 days.
- What are the fines for items returned late?
- $1.00 per hour or day, depending on the circulation period.
- Do you have a copy of the textbook for my class on reserve?
- The library does not purchase textbooks. For some courses the professor may put a personal copy of the textbook on reserve.
- How many reserve items can be checked out at one time?
- Usually 2 items per person.
- May I renew reserve materials?
- Reserve materials may not be renewed.
- Can I put a hold on a reserve item?
- No, reserve items are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- My teacher asked me to pick up their materials at the library--is this okay?
- If your teacher has submitted the Faculty Proxy Request form a couple of days in advance of your visit, you may pick up their materials.